When you receive Direct Payments to employ a carer or personal assistant, HMRC requires you to treat them as an employee. As an employer, you need to
- Calculate pay and pay staff promptly
- Provide payslips
- Pay National Insurance, tax and other contributions
- Submit reports to HMRC
- Issue paperwork such as P45s and P60s when needed
We can take care of all this, with the choice of either a managed or a self-managed account.
For both types of account, we:
- Operate payroll for carers/personal assistants
- Calculate pay, tax and National Insurance contributions and provide P60s and P45s
- Calculate holiday pay entitlement and provide advice on Statutory Payments such as Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP), notice pay etc
- Give advice on these areas during office hours
- Open PAYE schemes with HMRC on your behalf
As an employer you will have to comply with the law regarding workplace pensions. The Pensions Regulator will write to you telling you your staging date which is the date on which you must provide a pension for any of your Personal Assistants (PAs) who qualify for auto enrolment.
We can’t chose a pension scheme for you, but once you have chosen a scheme, we can:
- Liaise with The Pensions Regulator to ensure that you comply with the requirements of the Auto Enrolment Legislation
- Assess and enrol your PAs
- Produce the statutory letters for your PAs
- Calculate the employer and employee contributions
- Pay the contributions to the pensions provider if you have a managed account
What’s the difference between a managed and self-managed account?
|We pay your carers direct via a designated personal bank account which we set up for you||You pay your carer|
|We can receive and pay all your invoices directly||You receive and pay your own invoices|
|We provide payslips and send them direct to your carer||We provide payslips for you to give to your carer|
|We pay contributions direct to HMRC on your behalf||You pay contributions to HMRC on our advice|
Bill Payment Service
- For managed accounts, we offer a bill payment service. If you have a large number of invoices to pay each month from care organisations and other service providers you can hand the responsibility of paying these invoices over to us.
How do I find out more?
Contact us for an information pack which include detailed information about our services, a payroll calendar, details of our fees and forms to set up an account.
- Get in touch with any questions
- Complete and return the requested forms
- Once we receive your forms we will do some identification checks and then contact HMRC to set up a PAYE scheme on your behalf
- For managed accounts, we will set up a designated bank account
- We will confirm arrangements for receiving payroll information